**For all meditations or visualizations make sure you are in a comfortable spot, possible laying down. Make sure the room is a comfortable temperature. Be sure to write down what you saw.
7 League Boots Meditation: A Meditation originally from Martha Beck on visualizing communing with your guides (your essential self) to solve a problem blocking you from your intentions. Use this to help you figure out what’s blocking you from creating your best life.
Optimal Future Self Meditation: A visualization originally from Nancy Napier to visualize your optimal future self after you have achieved your intention or goal. It is a great practice to feel in your body what it would feel like to have the very thing you want.
artist/ creator/ healer
Find your vocabulary- An Exercise to tell people who you are as an artist
BIO WORKSHOP- Tell your story with confidence + authenticity. Find a vocabulary for why you do the work you do. Show up with integrity + honesty.
DEFINE YOUR MISSION
This is your credo.
What’s your thing + who are your people?
I help to serve X so that Y does Z
EXAMPLE: I help kick start other artists so they can confidently tell their story to find an authentic connection with their audience.
THE USUAL SUSPECTS (What must be included in your Bio)- Answer these questions.
John R. Math, Lightspacetime.com
- Anyone or anything that has influenced your work as an artist.
- Any education or training in the field of art.
- Any related experience in the field of art.
- A summary of the your artistic philosophy.
- Any artistic insights or techniques that are employed by you.
- A short description of what you would like to accomplish with your art.
- Contact information. How can you be reached?
THE HIDDEN GEMS (Help formulate your philosophy)- Answer these questions.
Danielle Laporte, The Firestarter Sessions
“Radiate your passion + clearly state the facts of what that passion generates = happy self- promotion.” – DL
- What do you know to be true, unquestionably beyond doubt, certain with every cell of your being, completely, passionately, righteously certain?
- What was the dumbest thing you used to believe in? What changed your mind?
- What do you know the most about?
- Why do you do what you do?
- One word: Breakthrough. What comes to mind?
- What has been one of the most memorable experiences in your career?
- What global policy, credo, practice, or law would you like to decree?
- What experience tested your mettle but made you a better person?
- Finish this sentence: “It’s a good day when…”
- When is the last time you thought, “Yes! That person has got it going on!”?
- What question in your life has made the biggest impact on you?
- What are you positively addicted to?
- What is the best advice you were given in terms of business?
- What is the most common life advice that you give to friends?
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word devotion?
- What are you most interested in?
- What are you incredibly grateful for?
- What is your form of service to the world?
KNOW THYSELF + KNOW THY AUDIENCE
Answer all the questions truthfully to find a vocabulary to explain your art.
- Do some research on the space/ gallery/ show/ collaborator to know what they offer and in what they specialize.
- See if that resonates with you in a positive way. Are you excited and feel shackles off about the prospect for collaborating with, working with, showing at X?
- Proceed with passion based, values driven, unabashedly proud self promotion.
DEFINE YOUR CREDO. CREATE A VOCABULARY. BE HONEST AND AUTHENTIC. RADIATE YOUR PASSION. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE. FIND CONNECTION.